When I learned how to read, it was at a DOS prompt. Specifically with this bad boy.
I wrote my first web site with notepad, my second with Microsoft Front Page '95.
I've had a lot of practice since then.
I specialize in end to end solutions, from design to delivery. Product services are delivered via feature-rich REST API's, and consumed by beautifully responsive single-page applications. These apps are fast!
As a long time Linux enthusiast and Full Stack Developer, I feel very at home on the command line. I always install and configure my own environments, and love writing little scripts and aliases to make my life easier.
Skill Set (horizontal scroll)
IIS, AD, Exchange, WSUS, SQL Server, etc...
Most of that has been left out for brevity's sake.
Durham College 2014 - 2018
Part time professor; School of Business, Management, and IT.
Taught students in the Computer Programmer Analyst & Computer Systems Technician programs:
Web Development - Fundamentals.
HTML, CSS, and PHP with Apache and PostgreSQL. Gave students their first exposure to web technologies.
Web Development - Intermediate.
HTML, CSS, and PHP with Apache and PostgreSQL. Lead students through building a real estate or dating website from scratch, no frameworks.
Web Development - Enterprise.
Java and JSP with Apache Tomcat.
Introduction to Databases.
Microsoft Access and introduction to SQL.
Database Development I.
Relational database design, DML and DDL components, SQL Server and Crystal Reports.
Object Oriented Programming I
Introduction to C++ Programming.
.NET Development II.
Intermediate C# programming.
Virtualization and Cloud Computing Technologies.
VMWare Workstation, VMWare ESX, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Computer Operating Systems.
Clg and Bash. Demonstrated basic command line functionality and guided students through their first batch and bash scripts.
PC Help Desk.
Support industry trends, documentation and ticket tracking, web and email based support.
- Web Development - Fundamentals.
Impulse Solutions 2014 - 2018
- Full stack development for an assortment of internal and external clients.
- Create and maintain development and production environments via Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Implemented source control and issue tracking with GitLab.
- Full architecture and development of:
Fun in Progress, Inc. 2012 - 2013
Co-Founder & Chief Technical Officer
- Technology startup focused on creating a platform that collects market research data (surveys) from mobile/web game players
- Heavily involved in directing the vision and strategy of the company
- Product front-end with Backbone.js, server-side REST API using PHP5 and PostgreSQL
- Developed game logic using the Unity3D framework and C#.NET platform
- Maintained excellent documentation and effectively communicated technical trade-offs and roadblocks to non-technical co-founder on a daily basis
- Instituted project management best practices across all areas of the organization
bitChisel Interactive 2011 - 2018
Founder & full stack developer.
- Worked with clients to define the business problem, outline the technical requirements, and implement the solution
- Services include software / web / mobile design and development, Windows and Linux network and database administration, server and workstation deployments/upgrades
- Maintain the company’s books, managed client relationships and all other aspects of running a small business
Ontario Public Service, Ministry of Revenue 2009 - 2011
Project Management Support Officer, SMSB. [?]
- Responsible for organizing, editing, reviewing, and providing project documentation to business areas, as well as writing and executing test scripts against a large mainframe system
- User acceptance testing for government initiatives such as Sales Tax Reform, the Business Directory, and the Guelph Data Centre transition
Durham College 2006 - 2009
Full Time Student
- Three year advanced diploma, Computer Programmer Analyst.
- Much of what you'd expect from a programming course, plus an added emphasis on business and business applications, including Project Management, Operations Management, Human Resources, etc...
Direct Energy Business Solutions 2004 - 2006
Digital Controls Technician
- Heating, ventilation, and cooling equipment for commercial and industrial clients
- Configure and maintain networks of thousands of individual sensors and controls over RS-232 networks. Configure and maintain cross-site links over TCP/IP networks
- Design and implement control interfaces using proprietary software